Best-Rated Bookies for Greyhound Betting
Greyhound racing has been a popular betting sport for many decades. While horse racing has been going on for thousands of years, greyhounds made their debut in the 1920s. Experts believe that this new sport was responsible for the boom in sports betting that occurred in the mid-20th century. Nowadays, we have sites like www.newgreyhoundbetsites.com where you can place bets on greyhound races with ease.
We have created an ultimate guide to greyhound racing, giving you all the tips and information you need to get started. After reading it, choose one of our recommended online bookmakers so that you can combine your knowledge with the best deals. Good luck and have fun!
Top Bookmakers for Greyhound Betting
To bet on Greyhounds, you need a sportsbook that offers terrific statistics and allows you to place live bets. These are the best Greyhound betting sites:
Unibet is one of the best online bookmakers for greyhound racing, giving punters a great betting experience with plenty of markets and good odds.
- Offers multiple greyhounds specials.
- Live streaming allows you to watch greyhound races from your computer.
- Offers punters extensive statistics on greyhound races.
- Guarantees greyhound live scores.
- Covers greyhound racing events in several states.
Visit the Greyhounds section of the Unibet website.
Punters who are interested in betting on greyhound races using cryptocurrency should consider 1xbit. The betting site covers multiple dog racing competitions, including domestic events.
- Offers live greyhound statistics.
- Provides appealing greyhounds odds.
- Allows you to watch live events.
- Has a feature that lets you combine your bets in an accumulator.
- Offers markets in only a few events.
Check out our greyhound betting section for the best odds.
22bet is an online betting site that is fast, authentic and provides multiple greyhound racing fixtures.
- Offers live animations for greyhound races, including the ability to see the dogs in action.
- It provides information on greyhound racing results.
- Allows greyhounds live betting.
- Has a number of different markets for greyhounds.
- Has no offers specifically for greyhounds.
Join the 22Bet Greyhounds Betting Section to find out more about betting on dogs.
Boylesports offers a number of greyhound betting services. You should choose Boylesports if you want to bet on the various UK and Ireland horse events.
- Covers every dog racing event.
- Has live statistics on the performance of greyhounds.
- Offers greyhounds specials.
- Has the Greyhound outrights.
- Only covers international greyhounds.
Visit the betting section of BoyleSports to learn more about greyhound races.
If you are a greyhounds betting fan, then Ladbrokes is the place for you. It focuses on international greyhounds racing events and has a wide selection of fixtures from around the world. You can find out more about the site by clicking on the link below:
- Allows you to watch greyhound races as they happen.
- Provides great greyhounds odds.
- Offers greyhounds betting tips.
- Covers greyhound racing events in detail.
- Few greyhounds domestic races.
Check out the Greyhounds Betting Section of the Ladbrokes website.
William Hill is one of the most popular sites for UK and Irish greyhound racing. It also offers punters extended markets for greyhound racing.
- Offers Greyhound specials.
- Has great greyhound odds.
- Live statistics are offered.
- Greyhound racing results in real time.
- Few domestic greyhound races take place each year.
Visit our William Hill Greyhound Betting section to find the best odds on all your favorite races.
Betway is the best place to bet on English Greyhound Derby, St Leger and East Anglian Derby races. They offer a wide range of betting options for these events.
- Has a wide variety of greyhound racing schedules.
- Allows in-play gambling.
- Cash-out is available on some greyhound wagers.
- Watch live greyhound races and bet on them with this app.
- The odds of a greyhound winning a race are slightly lower than those of other dogs.
Check out our Greyhound betting section to find out all the latest odds, results and tips.
What Is Greyhounds Racing Betting?
Greyhound racing betting is a popular activity that has traditionally been carried out in person at dog tracks. Today, players can enjoy this pastime from the comfort of their own homes by betting online. Not only can you place wagers on individual races, but you can also catch live streams of races, access statistics for each dog’s past performances and even set reminders for special events such as the opening of the new season.
Placing bets before the race is usually done, but live betting is also possible. You can make multiple bets for only a certain type of outcome, and combine races from different tracks in one day. It’s all about customization and freedom with greyhound betting sites.
What Are Some Reliable Greyhounds Betting Sites?
Before choosing a betting site, consider the site’s reputation for honesty. Playing at trusted bookies is more than just a matter of convenience–it’s a way to reduce stress and enjoy yourself.
If you want to bet online, it’s best to go with a reliable bookmaker that has been around for a while. Online betting sites have to meet certain standards and be audited regularly in order to prevent fraud, money laundering, and other illegal activities. Ideally, you should look for a site with multiple licenses.
After weeks of testing and research, we have found the best online bookmakers for greyhounds betting. Take a look at our rankings above and choose one of these top-notch companies. Enjoy!
What Are the Available Betting Markets?
Betenemy suggests you base your strategy on the following:
- Trifecta. This is one of the most popular betting markets in greyhound racing. The difficulty lies in the fact that you have to pick three dogs to finish in the top 3 while choosing an exact order. Even if just one of the dogs ends up lagging or if the top 2 switch positions, you lose. Select a bunch of high-performing hounds and go with them. There’s no realistic way to predict the outcome of these types of bets.
- Forecast. Just like the trifecta, the forecast market lets you pick the top finishers without focusing only on the winner. The difference is that you can pick any two dogs in any order, instead of just one specific sequence. This makes it easier to cover more combinations, thus increasing your odds of winning.
- The flexi-trifecta subtype is a tricast with more flexibility. For example, if you can’t decide which three dogs to select and the race is so competitive that you could just not win, you can box up to seven hounds. This leads to a significant downgrade in potential winnings but gives you more breathing room if you make mistakes.
- The outright market is the easiest one to understand; you just have to select a winner. However, it’s also riskiest market because only one outcome means a win. That’s why we wouldn’t recommend relying on the outright too much and focus on bets with a better risk-reward ratio.
- You can choose the top two finishers in an exacta box trifecta, which gives you more freedom than a regular exacta. If your selected dog wins and one of your picks comes in second place, you win.
- Combination bets are a great way to spice up your betting experience. If you don’t know who will win, you can select multiple dogs and place bets on all possible outcomes. The more dogs you choose, the more bets you’ll place, but the payoff is bigger if all of them win!
- Place only. This bet is a great way to increase your chances of winning, while still suffering a small decrease in potential winnings.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Greyhound Racing?
You can take part in greyhound racing with minimal effort, since there are no complex rules to learn and the races rarely last more than 15-20 seconds. Unlike other sports, where you have to devote an entire evening to catch a game, greyhound races can be slotted in just about every part of your daily schedule.
While we think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, some of our readers have told us that they would prefer a slower pace. There’s less content to enjoy, but there’s always something happening.
What Are Some Greyhounds Racing Betting Tips?
When you’re betting on greyhound racing, it helps to have a few tricks up your sleeve. These tips will help you maximize your chances of winning.
- Check the weather forecast for the area a few days before the race. Cold conditions make middle runners feel more comfortable, as they can still keep accelerating during a bend.
- Check the form of your favourites. The best greyhound betting sites have a statistics section where you can see how often they place in the top two/three. If they have a consistent record, then you’re good to go. Beware of dogs that aren’t used to colder weather, as well as those that aren’t consistent.
- When betting on dogs, pick those that are younger. Younger dogs have more energy and stamina than older ones. You should always try to bet on younger dogs, but make sure they have run at least four races before you place any bets. It can take a while for a dog to get used to the pressure of the racetrack and for you to see if its performances are any good or not.
- Before you head to the track, check out the news. Anything can happen before the race–a dog might get injured or disqualified for doping–and it’s important to stay on top of things by following journalists and bloggers who report on dog racing.
- Find out what type of runner your dog is and decide whether it suits you. Greyhounds are often middle runners, but some go wide or narrow. The ones who prefer to go the narrow route will often find themselves outmatched at longer tracks. Middlers are the way to go on most occasions; do your homework and then cross-reference the box with your dog’s preferences.
Is it a Good Idea to Place Live Bets on Greyhound Races?
Yes, Betenemy recommends trying live betting at greyhound betting sites. It’s fun to bet under pressure, since you have just a few seconds to place a wager. Live betting is only for players who have mastered other formats of online gambling.
Is it worth the risk to bet on greyhound races?
We believe that betting on these beautiful beasts is definitely worth it. Just remember to do your research and use the tips we gave you to make a good choice.
What are some of the best greyhound betting sites?
You can find the most popular greyhound betting sites in our list above. We’ll also add new bookmakers if they’re worthy of ranking.
What is the most effective way to bet on dog races?
The best way to play at greyhounds betting sites is to always look at the stats, try different bet formats, and mix it up. This way, you eliminate your dependence on a single outcome and increase your chances of winning.
Is dog racing betting hard?
Not at all. You can learn the rules and get started quickly, even if you’ve never bet on sports before.
Is it possible to play at greyhounds betting sites and also get into horse racing?
You can absolutely participate in horse races. While there are other kinds of races, such as dressage and polo, traditional track racing is a good place to start.
Do I need to bet a bonus to play at greyhounds betting sites?
Betenemy recommends that you claim one. You’ll get a little extra cash, and who doesn’t like extra cash?
Is the dogs’ running style important when betting on greyhound races?
You should definitely consider a dog’s natural running style when placing bets on the track. Study the dogs before betting, and use this information to guide your betting strategies.