Top Football Bookies for 2024
Even though experience and preparation can help when placing bets, it’s essential that you do so on the best soccer betting sites available. Why? Because you’ll be able to focus on the betting itself instead of having to worry about other things. If you find good bookmakers, with lots of markets and useful features, you can focus on the betting itself.
In the UK, finding a quality soccer betting website is no longer a chore. The industry has seen many changes over the years, including an increase in the number of licensees. Fortunately for you, we have your back.
In today’s guide, we’ll cover some of the most important things to consider when choosing a soccer betting site. We hope you’ll find an ideal match and have fun whilst playing!
Top Bookmakers for Football Betting
When choosing an online betting bookmaker, there are several factors to consider. We’ve put together a list of some of the most reputable options:
Here are some of the best bookmakers for soccer betting, along with a few words about each one.
- Live betting
- Pre-match betting
- Some events offer an instant cashout option.
- Certain matches will be available for live streaming.
- Some players find that the betting odds at Bet365 are highly dynamic.
Visit Bet365 Football Betting
William Hill is one of the oldest bookmakers in the world, and many soccer betting fans consider it to be the best option when it comes to placing these kinds of bets. The reasons for this include the fact that William Hill provides users with access to numerous popular events, high odds, and many betting markets.
- High fixed odds
- Low minimum stake
- Plenty of matches
- Active in-play section
- The cash-out option is not always available.
William Hill is a great place to bet on football.
Regardless of whether you bet on desktop or mobile, 22bet offers a full range of services that work just as well. That’s why the brand is so popular.
- Live betting offers a wide variety of markets.
- Betting on a massive array of events
- Missing live streaming feature
Join 22bet Football Betting
Here’s another bookmaker you might want to check out. Bwin offers good odds, high-quality competitions, and often has price boosts or enhanced ACCAs for popular betting leagues.
- High odds
- Big range of football options
- Live football betting events do not allow players to cash out.
Link To Bwin Football Betting
888sport is a football betting specialist. This means that many players want to place bets on the site, which makes 888sport one of the most popular online bookmakers. The company regularly updates its website, making it even better for players.
- Cashout is active for certain events.
- You can watch some football matches live by streaming them online.
- The odds level are medium
Visit 888sport to bet on the upcoming football matches.
Parimatch is a trusted football bookmaker that offers hundreds of options for fans to bet on their favorite teams. The site covers all the major leagues and some domestic events, too.
- Offers in-play betting
- You can build an accumulator using the bet builder.
- Football betting tips for the weekend
- Football live stats provides extensive information on a wide range of football-related topics.
- Lacks better football bonuses
Visit Parimatch Football Betting
Vbet is a favorite among football fans. The site offers a wide range of fun and lucrative bonuses that make betting on matches more exciting.
- Football is a popular sport that has a detailed section in this website.
- We host more than 100 events per year in over 100 markets.
- Our football betting tips are the best in the business.
- Allows live betting
- Not a good idea when betting on domestic matches.
Try Vbet Football Betting
Pinnacle is one of the world’s top football betting sites, offering punters access to live matches and a range of markets.
- Offers amazing football bonuses
- The service allows you to watch football games live online.
- Gives you access to the latest information
- Suitable football live statistics
- The live betting odds are slightly lower than what you would get in a sports book.
Join Pinnacle Football Betting
What is Football Betting?
Pool betting is an illegal form of sports gambling that has been popular since the 1920s. Betting pools are operated by bookies, who use a simple trick to avoid anti-gambling laws. Betting pools typically involve bettors gathering together and betting on different outcomes. Depending on the odds, winners receive a portion of the losers’ wagers.
The 1960s saw the inception of a legal football betting infrastructure, which took off in the late 1990s when online bookmakers became available. This brought us into a world of advanced stats, exotic markets and exciting props.
Which Are Some Trusted Football Betting Sites?
To find trusted bookmakers, do some research about their reputations. If a site has been around for a long time, chances are they provide fair odds and value to every player. William Hill is one such example; they’ve been around since 1934 and are one of Britain’s oldest sports betting brands. Another good option is Betway or Bwin. If you’re from the UK, you might also want to check out Ladbrokes (which used to be known as Victor Chandler).
If you are looking for a safe place to bet on sports, try some of the licensed bookmakers. You can be sure that they meet strict standards if they have been given a license by the UKGC.
If both the regulator and the players say a brand is good, it’s probably safe to trust them. To make sure you don’t get scammed, we’ve tested all of the following bookmakers extensively. All of them are top-notch and offer great odds, so you can’t really go wrong with any of them. Enjoy!
What Are the Available Betting Markets?
There are hundreds of different soccer betting sites, but few offer simple-to-understand markets. Let’s look at the most basic ones and what they mean:
- The Full Time result market is one you can use to bet on which team will win, draw or lose. It is sometimes also called the 1X2 bet, so make sure you are clear with the terminology used by the bookmaker before placing your bet.
- Draw no bet. This bet is similar to a win-only bet, but instead of betting on the winner only, you will also get your money back if the teams draw.
- Outright bets are larger than single matches or events. Instead of betting on whether Leicester City will beat Tottenham Hotspur, you are betting on who will win the Premier League. These markets have high odds, but they can also be risky.
- The Asian handicap is a method of betting on soccer matches in which one team starts out with an advantage over the other. For example, if Manchester United were playing Arsenal and Man Utd were 10 spots above Arsenal on the table, even though most people would expect Man Utd to win, the Asian handicap would add a bit more uncertainty to the match by giving Man Utd an advantage right off the bat.
- Double chance bets are offered by many bookmakers, and they allow you to choose two of three possible results. This means that instead of just winning if your team wins or draws, you’ll also get your stake back if they lose.
- If you’re not interested in watching a full game, you can bet on which team will lead at half-time.
- The correct score market allows you to bet on any possible scoreline, from 0-0 to 7-7.
- This bet lets you avoid the headaches of trying to predict the exact number of goals in a game and just pick the goal difference.
- The European handicap allows you to both choose a draw as the end result and choose a number of goals that one team must be behind before it counts as a win.
- Both teams will score at least once and you’ll win if both teams score.
- With the likes of Harry Kane dominating the EPL, you can put money where your mouth is by betting on the top goalscorer.
Soccer betting has many advantages. Here are our top three:
- UK online betting sites offer a wide range of soccer betting options, so you can bet anywhere.
- The sport known as football, or footy, is the most popular in Australia and has the most markets.
- Promotions abound when there’s a big football tournament.
- It’s easy to get into
There are a few cons to playing this game, but they’re worth keeping in mind before you start.
- One goal in the last minute of a match can change everything.
- Prop bets are plentiful, but it’s hard to keep track of all 22 players on a rugby pitch during a match.
- It can be risky sometimes
What are some good football betting tips?
While the best soccer betting tips won’t make you rich overnight, they can be a valuable part of your strategy if you want to bet like a pro. Here are some things to keep an eye out for when using these tips:
- When you bet, it is important to understand the markets on which you are betting. If you don’t know what something means, look it up. Don’t bet blindly because that’s a surefire way of jeopardizing your whole bankroll.
- It’s worth noting the form of both teams when you’re betting on a game. Even the best teams can have a bad run, so always bet on an underdog if they’re playing well.
- The home-field advantage can be a major factor in determining the outcome of a game. 30,000 or more passionate fans can breathe new life into a struggling team. Never discount the power of the supporters, even when the home squad is the underdog.
- Follow a couple of prominent journalists to stay up-to-date on all the news. Ornstein and Di Marzio are good picks.
- Analyse team performance and style. No matter how good a team might be, there are just some playstyles that they don’t feel comfortable against. Do a bit of tactical research and pinpoint the weaknesses of each team. This can lead to some brilliant conclusions.
- Before you bet on a soccer match, check the statistics. Great soccer betting websites offer statistical overviews of teams’ performance throughout the season.
- Focus on one league at a time. Don’t let your mind wander as you browse a bookmaker’s site. Sure, betting on multiple leagues is fun, but if you don’t analyse them closely it’s impossible to accomplish anything. That’s why it’s best to pick a single league and go with it.
- Set aside a budget you can afford to lose, and don’t worry about bad stretches. It happens to everyone.
Football Live Betting – Positives and Negatives
If you want to make money quickly by betting on football, consider live betting. It allows you to enter the action in the 80th minute and take advantage of high odds if there’s a key goal scored. Live betting is by far the most efficient way to bet on football.
8spins advises beginners to stick to pre-game markets and only focus on in-play bets once they get a hang of it.
Is It Worth Betting on Soccer?
Football betting is a great way to make money. There are a ton of different markets and great analysis available, but it’s still all about luck in the end. Just be patient with your strategy, and you’ll be successful in the long run.
What football betting sites should you avoid?
In general, you should avoid soccer betting sites that aren’t licensed in the UK. Also, be cautious about brands that have unresolved complaints or consistently receive bad reviews.
Which are the best soccer betting sites to place bets on?
If you ask us, the best soccer betting sites are: Betway, Bwin, Ladbrokes, William Hill, and Bet365.
Is football betting risky?
Football betting is risky, but it’s still one of the least risky sports to bet on because there’s so much information available to help you make a solid choice.
Do you need an incentive to play at soccer betting sites?
A welcome offer allows you to check out a betting site without risking your own money.
Which league is the best for football betting?
If you’re looking for a place to bet on soccer, the English Premier League is hard to beat. But don’t overlook Spain’s La Liga, Italy’s Serie A, France’s Ligue 1 and Germany’s Bundesliga. Portugal also has a strong league: The Portuguese Primeira Liga offers plenty of betting opportunities.