Comprehensive Guide to the Best Online Cricket Betting Bookmakers
The Best Bookmakers for Cricket Betting
If you love cricket betting, there are a number of bookmakers you can use. However, we recommend these three bookies if you want to place bets on IPL, T20 World Cup and ICC Champions Trophy.
Melbet.com is a bookie that offers odds on all major cricket tournaments, including the IPL. In addition to providing live updates of cricket matches as they occur, Melbet provides customers with quick and easy access to its online betting platform.
- Covers cricket markets in both local and international arenas
- Has great odds for single bets, as well as multiple bets.
- Offers cricket outright
- Has impressive cricket statistics
- Offers few cricket bonuses
Visit Melbet Cricket Section
The 10Cric betting platform covers every international event and national championship. That’s because it is the first site that comes to mind whenever you think of cricket punting.
- Offers cricket bonuses
- Has a full range of cricket markets to cater to different levels of skill and interest
- Allows in-play punting
- Offers cricket Outrights
- Loads slowly
Try 10CRIC Cricket Section
Some cricket fans would argue that Betway is the best place to bet on cricket. The site offers live betting, as well as coverage of domestic cricket events.
- The website offers cricket betting tips for punters.
- Offers great cricket odds
- Some cricket matches are streamed live.
- Offers punters cash-out function
- Lacks mesmerizing cricket bonuses
Join Betway Cricket Section
Bet365 offers a lot of cricket betting options, including T20 matches and the IPL. The site also has a mobile app for punters who want to make wagers on the go.
- Covers all major cricket events, including international matches and domestic tournaments.
- Our cricket betting tips are fantastic!
- Allows live betting
- Offers cash-out services
- The cricket bonuses are not as good as they could be.
Follow Cricket in the Bet365 section.
William Hill is a reliable cricket betting site that offers the best payment options. With the bookie, you will never miss a cricket match, including T20 ones.
- Cricket live betting services are provided by the company.
- Covers domestic and international events, including politics, sports, entertainment, and more.
- Offers real-time results
- Has the best cricket odds
- The cricket promotions are not superior to other companies.
Play cricket with William Hill
What is Cricket Betting?
Cricket betting is a popular activity among those who enjoy cricket and betting. Betting on cricket can be done in many different ways, from betting on the result of a match to predicting the number of sixes that will be hit. The popularity of cricket betting has grown in recent years because many people are interested in this sport. Cricket was first played in England in the 17th century and is still widely played there today; therefore it is no surprise that the country’s bookmakers want to provide their customers with high quality cricket betting sites.
Which Are Some Reliable Cricket Betting Sites?
If you are a cricket fan in the United Kingdom, then online betting sites are your best bet for placing bets on matches. UK bookmakers William Hill and Bet365 offer the most choices for cricket betting among top British-based bookies. If you like to take more chances with your wagers, make sure you do so safely by only betting with licensed sites that have been approved by regulators such as the UK Gambling Commission.
What Are the Available Betting Markets?
Cricket matches can last for days and provide plenty of opportunity for betting. Cricket betting sites must provide a large range of statistics to help you make the right choice when placing your bets.
- If a series is tied 1-1, then there are six possible outcomes for the next game. These include: 1-0, 2-0, 0-0, 1-1, 0-1 or 0-2.
- To win the match, you can bet on who you think will win. There are three options: home team win, away team win or draw (in test cricket).
- This bet is for the player who you think will score the most runs in a series. Consider the conditions and whether they suit your player’s style of play.
- Predict when a test match will end. Sometimes the team chasing the total gives up before the end of play, but you can select a day and time (roughly) for example Day or evening.
- This bet is placed on the total number of runs scored in a series or match. If you bet that there will be more than 500.5 runs in total and there are 400 runs made then you have won your bet.
- A handicap is a way of evening the odds in an event where one side has an advantage. In cricket, players with more experience or better skills might be given a fixed number of runs as a handicap. If England are chasing 100 runs from 20 overs to win then they are likely to do it. If you add a handicap of say -200 then you need England to land 300 runs for your wager to land.
- In session betting, you bet on the total number of runs scored in a particular session by both teams combined. For example, if the first session of a match features 10 runs and the second session features 8 runs, then the total would be 18 runs and you would win your bet if the result was an “Over” 18.
- Draw No Bet is a bet on test matches. If the match ends in a draw, you will get your money back. If your wagered team loses, you will lose money.
- Pros of Cricket Betting
- Cricket betting is a great way to get a lot of bang for your buck.
- Match or series offers you a wide range of markets to bet on.
- Not worldwide.
- Outside of test cricket, there are no draws, so you can go ahead with your gut feeling without worrying about a draw ruining your strategy.
- Cons of Cricket Betting
- Cricket is a complicated game to understand. It involves many statistics, which you have to research.
- If you want to make a quick buck on your cricket bet, look for markets with quicker turnarounds.
What Are Some Tips for Cricket Betting?
- Understanding the rules of cricket can be tricky, but it’s important to know how the game works before you start betting on it. There are lots of different types of cricket matches: test matches, one-day internationals, Twenty20s and The Hundred leagues. Each format has its own set of rules, so it’s important to learn about each one before placing any bets.
- In all sports, it is important to look at recent form and statistics. A team on a hot winning streak may be unstoppable or they could be due a loss.
- Watch out for unexpected turnarounds. Fans of a certain age will remember, back in 1981, when England was down and out at the third Test of the Ashes series. Things were so dire that Ladbrokes offered 500-1 odds that England would win. But then Ian “Beffy” Botham came to the rescue with a 149 not out inning (and yes, he did give us all a fright with his bowling!)
- Weather can affect a cricket match. If there is not a drop of rain in sight, then you may want to reconsider betting on a team full of fast bowlers.
- Cricket is a sport that is affected by many tiny details, including how well the pitch is watered. A dry pitch will cause the ball to bounce higher than when it strikes a damp one. When betting on cricket, you must take all these factors into consideration.
- We always suggest that our readers bet on markets they feel comfortable with. The best tip we can give is to stick to what you know.
Is it Worth it to Bet on Cricket?
Yes, cricket has the potential to be a sport that appeals to all. Test matches offer more statistics and opportunities for betting than one-day matches, but they take days to complete and it can be a long time before you get your money back. Twenty20 matches are faster paced and can make betting on these competitions more exciting. As they are popular in the UK, there are always lots of top cricket betting offers available from bookmakers.
Why Should You Play Cricket?
There are many reasons why online cricket betting is so popular. One of the most important is that there is a wide range of matches, competitions and markets available to bettors. We also like the fact that punters can choose from a variety of playing styles.
In some match formats, a team that is behind can come back and win, offering bettors more opportunities to place bets and increasing the excitement for those placing wagers.
What’s the best cricket betting site?
There is no definitive answer to this question, but UK-based online cricket betting sites such as Bet365, Ladbrokes and William Hill are some of the most reliable and offer a large variety of markets.
Can you legally bet on cricket in the UK?
If you bet on cricket with a UK-licensed bookmaker, it is completely legal.
Can I legally wager on cricket in India?
Yes, it is now legal to bet on cricket in India. You can also find a number of websites that offer tips and advice for cricket betting.