Highly-Rated Bookmakers for Basketball Wagering
Basketball is a global phenomenon, and with science and advanced stats playing a prominent role in the game now more than ever, it’s a great time to start playing. All it takes is a little bit of practice and being informed. After that, it’s just your own critical thinking. But overall, basketball is easy to get into and there are tons of bets you can make on the court action.
While it was difficult to put everything you need to know about NBA betting into one guide, 8spins managed to do it. Take a look at the sections below, and you’ll find our exclusive rankings and tips. Not only did we provide our rankings of the best NBA sportsbooks, but you’ll also see some helpful tips that will give you an edge over other bettors. Good luck!
Best Bookmakers for Basketball Betting
When you bet on basketball, it’s important to choose a bookie with a good reputation. Below is a list of some of the most reputable basketball sportsbooks in the industry.
Bwin is a great place to bet on basketball. The site has hundreds of basketball matches each season, and it’s easy to open an account and start gambling.
- Covers the NBA, WNBA and EuroLeague
- Has incredible basketball pre-odds
- Allows Outrights betting
- Offers basketball in-play betting
- Few markets have live basketball teams.
Go To Bwin Basketball Section
Ladbrokes is a well-regarded sportsbook with an array of appealing features. Whether you’re interested in wagering on NBA or NCAA basketball games, this bookie has something for everyone.
- The best basketball markets are offered by this provider.
- Live streaming allows events to be watched by viewers all over the world.
- Offers free bets
- Allows live basketball betting
- Has cash-out
- Emphasizes on big leagues
Visit Ladbrokes Basketball Section
1xbet is a great place to bet on basketball. It offers the fastest payouts around, plus excellent coverage of current events in the sport.
- Has outstanding basketball odds
- Select basketball matches offer cash-out options
- Has incredible basketball coverage
- Offers Outright bets
- Lacks basketball promotions that are as good as those of other sports.
Try 1xbet Basketball Section
With decades of experience in the industry, William Hill is a top basketball betting site. The bookie has great coverage for live games and is suitable for both new and experienced bettors.
- Live streaming is available for some matches.
- Want to have a go at basketball betting but don’t know where to start? Our free bets for basketball punters will help you get started!
- Offers live basketball statistics
- Basketball betting tips from the experts at BettingGurus.com
- It focuses on international events, especially those that are likely to affect the United States.
Join William Hill Basketball Section and find out how you can become part of a great community.
Parimatch is a licensed gambling website that offers a variety of basketball betting options.
- Allows cash-out on some bets
- Accepts in-play gambling
- Has live basketball statistics
- Comes with a bet builder
- Lacks the best bonuses for basketball players
In the Parimatch basketball section you can find all the latest news on your favorite teams.
888sport is an international betting site that offers a wide range of basketball bets, including live in-play betting. It’s a great choice for both new and experienced bettors.
- Offers cash-out to gamblers
- Has excellent basketball odds
- Punters can access up-to-date statistics on the big race.
- Allows in-play punting
- Offers a variety of bet types
Go to basketball.888sport.com
What Is Basketball Betting?
Basketball betting is the act of wagering real money on one or more potential outcomes of a basketball game. NBA bookies are the most popular basketball betting sites because they have the best odds and highest payout percentages.
Basketball betting is popular during the World Cup or the Olympics. It’s when you can bet on your favorite national team and watch them compete for eternal glory. Basketball sportsbooks include a lot of player props, so you can focus on any player or aspect of the game you want. NBA betting really does have something for everyone!
Which Are the Best Basketball Betting Sites?
It’s not hard to gamble on basketball games, but finding a reliable bookmaker is another story. The best online bookmakers don’t just offer attractive promos and odds boosters–they also provide you with a healthy dose of props and exotics. We considered all of these factors when creating this list of verified bookies. It’s the cream of the crop, top basketball betting sites that offer NBA markets as they’re supposed to be offered.
What Are the Available Betting Markets?
Basketball betting sites provide a number of different markets, including the following:
- Quarters/half-time markets. Sometimes, you just want to bet on the basketball game without having to worry about following through. In this case, you can just pick the winner of each quarter or half and go on your merry way.
- Totals are another way to bet on a game without picking the winner. You can guess whether the total number of points scored in the game will be higher or lower than the line set by the oddsmakers. It’s usually with a decimal, just so ties are impossible.
- Moneyline bets simply ask you to pick a team to win. The number beside the team name indicates how much you need to bet in order to win £100. If you bet on the Celtics at -500, it means you have to wager £500 in order to win £100. Positive numbers are reserved for underdogs; if you bet on the Cavs at +300, it means you can win £300 by betting just £100.
- Betting on futures allows you to wager on events that have yet to unfold. If you think the Atlanta Hawks will reach the NBA Finals by 2023, for example, you can find odds for that outcome. The same goes for MVP, Defensive Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year awards.
- Handicap betting is used for uneven matchups. If one team is much better than the other, bookies will give them an advantage in order to entice bettors to wager on that team. If you’re betting on the team favored by 9 points, you’ll need them to win or lose by 8 points or less in order to win your bet. Conversely, if you’re betting against that team and they win by 10 points or more, you’ve lost the bet.
- Winning margin is another option for betting on basketball. It’s great if you think one team will win, but not sure by how much.
- Props markets are a fun way to follow the NBA. While you can keep track of all 30 teams, it’s easier to only follow certain players and focus on their individual performances. This will allow you to make accurate predictions about future games.
When you become proficient at predicting what will happen during a game, you can try to predict how players will perform. For example, the over/under for LeBron’s points is 23.5. You can bet on either side of this market. Good sports betting sites offer even more markets such as fouls and technicals that can be combined in any way you want. However, don’t overdo it; it’s never good for your profits if too many things have an impact on whether or not you win.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Basketball Betting?
Online basketball betting sites are a great place to practice your odds-making skills. You can look at scores and averages, or even use advanced statistical formulas to help you predict the outcome of games.
Basketball is a very popular sport, and there are many leagues around the world. The NBA is always full of action, but other leagues are definitely entertaining and worth betting on.
Basketball betting sites can be a bit overwhelming for beginners. There are a lot of exotic bets to choose from, but once you learn the basics, it’s easier to find the right bet for you.
What Are Some Basketball Betting Tips?
These tips will help you make the most of your NBA betting experience:
- When you are getting started with sports betting, you might want to focus on familiar markets like football and basketball. Don’t try betting on the Value Over Replacement Player (VORP) rating of Anthony Davis if you’re not familiar with the stat. This is just an example, but it’s worth mentioning that you should take things slowly and not bite off more than you can chew. Before you decide to try out a new market, read stats sheets and articles about it so that you understand how it works.
- Check the stats before placing your bets. Even though sabermetrics are only used in baseball, basketball has also been influenced by efficiency. That’s why everything is recorded nowadays, down to the smallest impact on the court. Use Basketball Reference or your bookie’s own stats library.
- If you know the rumors surrounding a particular team, only bet on games involving that team. There will be plenty of props to keep you occupied.
- As the NBA season reaches its climax and teams fight for a place in the playoffs, there will be lots of promos, boots and free bets. Keep an eye out for offers at your favourite sportsbook when April comes around.
- Follow NBA reporters on Twitter and check the news before tipoff to see if a player is questionable or if he has been ruled out. You can then adjust your slip and even enjoy some live betting while you’re at it.
Why You Should Place Bets on the NBA
Basketball betting sites offer the most markets on NBA games, as well as special promos in primetime matchups. The NBA is second only to baseball in its devotion to stats, which allows you to base your predictions on tangible numbers. In addition, basketball is filled with drama and rivalries that make it an entertaining sport.
Is It Worth It to Bet on Basketball?
Basketball betting sites are a lot of fun, especially if you like numbers. With all the analytics available today, it’s easier than ever to create your own strategy for winning NBA bets. There are 82 games per season for each of the 30 teams, which means that even losses will pile up fast if you aren’t careful!
Why are match-ups significant when you bet on NBA games?
Because NBA teams rely on a balanced lineup to win games, it’s important for a team to have a favourable matchup at all five positions, plus the bench.
What are some important features of basketball betting sites?
The best basketball betting sites offer a wide range of exotic bets and rewards. They also give out promotions and occasionally run bonuses.
Is basketball betting difficult?
It’s all about understanding the rules of the game, keeping track of how much money you have to spend, and making smart decisions.
Should I place a bet on the NBA regular season?
Yes. Some people say that players don’t put forth maximum effort during regular-season games, but this is simply not true. You’ll see the occasional dud, but most teams will give you at least a couple of classics each year.
Can I make money at basketball betting sites?
Yes, you can make money betting on basketball. But don’t bet more than you can afford to lose and do your research beforehand.
Can you predict basketball betting props?
Predicting player props is difficult. It depends on your knowledge of matchups and recent news, as well as a little luck.